Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter
For quick compost turnaround look to the FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter. This bin’s efficient dual-chamber design allows for quick curing, turning your kitchen and yard waste into compost for your soil. Fill it up, give it a turn every other day with the built-in hand holds, and in as little as two weeks you’ll have a nourishing batch of compost for your garden. The body is constructed of recycled, UV-inhibited, BPA free polypropylene. The frame is galvanized steel. The total volume of both chambers is approximately 37 gallons (5 cu ft).
- TUMBLING COMPOSTER – Avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy and efficient. Just close the door and turn it 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In hot sunny conditions and with a proper balance of ingredients the compost can finish in as little as 2 weeks.
- EASY TO USE – Fantastic for beginners! The large openings and removable door make it easy to add scraps/clippings and remove finished compost. Deep fins on the body provide great ergonomic handholds.
- TWO COMPOSTER CHAMBERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE – Two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the second side available to add fresh scraps/clippings. Continuously swapping sides after finishing will create an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost. Total capacity 37 gallons (5 cu ft)
- EXCELLENT AERATION – All our composter models feature aeration holes as well as deep fins to break up clumps inside the chamber and mix lots of oxygen into the compost. Tumbling composters allow far greater aeration than standard models.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – BPA free UV inhibited recycled polypropylene is contact safe and will not degrade under direct sunlight. The galvanized steel frame is corrosion resistant.
Plastic: Polypropylene (PP)
Assembled Dimensions: 28″D x 30″W x 36″H
Total Volume: 5 cu ft / 37 Gallon / 140 Litre
How to Assemble
Manchester: Public Works Administration Building, NVCOG: Waterbury, CT, Torrington: Public Works Street Department Garage